Exploring the Newest Non-Surgical Solution to A Host of Feminine Issues.
ThermiVa® is an exciting, new procedure using radio-frequency heat to correct a number of feminine issues from labial enlargement to mild and moderate stress incontinence and several sexual dysfunctions.
Labial enlargement no longer has to be an embarrassing condition. While labioplasty has become increasingly popular and is still an option, TermiVa® offers a non-surgical option to correct labial enlargement.
How the vagina develops and looks is as individual as every woman. Having a large or long labia is absolutely normal. The only time this becomes an issue is when it causes discomfort. For instance, if you are actively engaged in sports or enjoy wearing tight clothing your labia might rub against your underwear and become sore. This could lead to tearing of the labial tissue could lead to infection, pain and inflammation.
Some women frequently experience embarrassment as a result of having a thick or long labia. The emotional distress in this instance is cause for concern.
ThermiVa is an in-office, non-surgical procedure for labia and vaginal tightening. A radio frequency generator, made by Thermi Aesthetics powers a “S” shaped hand piece that tightens external and internal vulvovaginal tissue via a thermistor tip which is able to control heat delivered. The tip has gentle curves that provide comfort.
How ThermiVa™ works: Specifically, the frequency contracts the tissues to a tighter bundle. It also encourages new tighter collagen production and may help in tissue and nerve healing. Radiofrequency’s therapeutic effect on muscular and tissue healing is well known and used in physical therapy practices for decades.
The following are a variety of issues that have been successfully treated with the ThermiVa procedure.
- Vaginal Laxity: this will tighten the vagina at the opening and the full length of the vagina that is noticeable to patient and partner.
- Vulvar/Labial Laxity: this will tighten the labial tissues and reduce sag and “Camel Toes.” It results in softer and smoother skin that is very noticeable as well as greater comfort in tight clothing and less self-consciousness in leotards and bikinis.
- Vaginal/Vulvar Dryness or Atrophic Vaginitis: this will add softer and thicker skin and more moisture both internally and externally to make daily life and sexual intercourse more comfortable without the use of hormones.
- Mild to Moderate Stress Incontinence: this will reduce accidents and leakage and may reduce urge symptoms. Along with Kegel Exercises women may avoid the use of mesh slings in their vaginas.
- Sexual or Orgasmic Dysfunction: may result in increased sensitivity, more coordinated and stronger muscular contractions, and ability to achieve orgasms in a shorter time period.
The results have been overwhelmingly positive from patients and doctors alike. With only 1 – 3 treatments required, this non-surgical approach is quick, painless and offers immediate effects. The Plastic Surgery Center now offers ThermiVa®. There is no longer any reason to live with the embarrassment of vaginal dryness or laxity. Finally, there is a simple, painless, non-surgical procedure that can restore confidence. What a welcome relief.