Tighten, tone and sculpt the abdomen with a strategic tummy tuck from Dr. Weisberg and Dr. Daniel.
If you have loose or sagging abdominal wall skin and weak muscles from multiple pregnancies or prior surgery and you desire a smoother, flatter abdomen, then you may be a candidate for our Maine tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty. Patients who have lost a significant amount of weight also tend to have excess skin in the abdominal area. This excess skin can be removed and contoured with an abdominoplasty or in some cases an extended abdominoplasty procedure.
Here at the Plastic Surgery Center this procedure is usually performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia with IV sedation by our board-certified anesthesiologist. Occasionally, it may be performed under general anesthesia at the hospital.
Advantages of a Tummy Tuck:
- Effective where diet and exercise have failed to garner results
- Slims and streamlines the lower torso
- Improves the profile
- Creates a better fit in clothing and swimwear
- Tightens the six-pack muscles
- Reduces stretch marks
- Reduces unwanted skin folds
- Increases self-confidence in one’s image
Who is a good candidate for a tummy tuck?
- Healthy, physically and mentally
- No major medical issues
- At or close to ideal weight
- Realistic expectations for results based on consultation
- Desires a flatter, more toned abdomen
- Suffers from stretched out, sagging abdominal skin
- Has stretch marks from pregnancy
- Has found no relief from stubborn fat through diet and exercise
- Is committed to following up with Dr. Weisberg’s aftercare plan
There are several different procedures: a mini-abdominoplasty has the shortest scar and tightens the lower abdominal wall skin only. The standard abdominoplasty has a scar that goes from hip to hip and tightens all of the abdominal wall skin, and the extended abdominoplasty scar travels around the flanks on to the lower back and tightens the abdomen and the flanks (love handles).
The Maine tummy tuck is performed at our AAAASF-certified operating facility and is an outpatient procedure. Light activity is comfortable in 7-14 days, but sports and strenuous activity will not be comfortable for about 4-6 weeks.
Some general recovery tips include…
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Wear your compression garment as directed
- Manage postoperative pain with prescribed medications
- Be sure to remain hydrated
- Eat a high-fiber diet to aid in your digestion
- Stay in close contact with Dr. Weisberg if you have any questions or concerns
- Take time each day to go for a walk to get the blood flowing, reducing clots and swelling
Occasionally, if the abdominoplasty is being performed for medical reasons, the procedure may be partially covered by insurance. However, the patient is responsible for payment. We offer access to a variety of healthcare lenders, however, with reasonable down payments, APR’s and repayment plans. Many of these have instant approval as well, so simply ask our patient care coordinator for assistance.
The specific risks for each patient can be determined only at the time of consultation; all surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome may occur occasionally but major complications are unusual.
All cosmetic procedures are performed at our state-of-the-art, accredited outpatient center, outfitted with the latest in advanced technology and equipment. Our medical center adheres to the same stringent safety protocols as any local Portland, Maine hospital, only with added convenience, personalized attention, comfort and privacy.
On hand to assist with your procedure is our staff of RN’s, medical assistants and technicians, all of whom are dedicated to creating a stress-free, rewarding patient experience and a successful outcome.
If you would like to move forward with the tummy tuck procedure, simply contact our offices in Portland, Maine today to schedule your confidential consultation with Dr. Weisberg and Dr. Daniel. Our friendly, knowledgeable support staff is standing by to answer your call.
During this initial session, the doctors will examine your stomach, review your medical history and prior cosmetic treatments, and devise a personalized plan of action for resolving your most troublesome aesthetic concerns. They will answer all your questions in detail, including those regarding financing, risks, recovery, downtime and results.
In some cases, as with those women seeking a total body makeover after pregnancy, Dr. Weisberg and Dr. Daniel may suggest additional procedures such as our liposuction in Maine surgery, a body lift, breast surgery or a thigh lift. Combining treatments can often lower costs while saving you valuable recovery time.
You can learn more about what to expect from a tummy tuck by browsing our library of before and after photography. We have clients from all backgrounds and of all ages, so you will get a nice cross-section of our patient population.