It’s estimated that over 50 million men struggle with thinning hair or a receding hairline. If you are facing hair loss, it can shake your confidence – but you don’t have to live with it. Hair restoration used to be a painful, lengthy process, and produced less-than-natural results. The development of the new NeoGraft hair restoration system is a game-changer.
Our Portland NeoGraft Hair Restoration is a cutting-edge treatment that involves minimal discomfort and results in a more natural-looking outcome. Maine Plastic Surgery offers this life-changing hair restoration treatment to men in the Portland area and beyond.
What is NeoGraft Hair Restoration?
NeoGraft Hair Restoration in Maine is a type of follicular unit extraction (FUE) method of hair transplantation that involves harvesting hair follicles quickly and effectively, without painful surgery, scarring, or a long recovery time.
NeoGraft is an FDA-cleared method of FUE hair transplant in Portland that speeds the harvesting of healthy hair follicles for transplantation, while protecting the harvested follicles for a higher survival rate. The NeoGraft FUE procedure involves a handheld device that harvests healthy follicles one at a time with minimal pain or discomfort.
The NeoGraft System
The NeoGraft machine is a groundbreaking advance in hair restoration technology. The machine functions to perform hair follicle harvest, collection, and implantation of individual healthy hair follicles in a natural pattern. What once took a hair restoration specialist hours and hours to perform by hand is now more affordable, faster, and more effective with NeoGraft.
Benefits of NeoGraft Hair Restoration:
- Very natural looking results
- Less invasive, more successful hair restoration procedure
- No incisions, stitches, or staples
- Twice as many hairs transplanted than with traditional manual method
- No linear scar and no stitches
- Shorter recovery time
- Minimal discomfort
What Should I Expect from NeoGraft Hair Restoration?
The NeoGraft Hair Restoration procedure is preferable to other FUE methods as it takes less time in the office and an easy, fast recovery time. When you come in for a hair transplant in Portland, the procedure will take place in two parts: follicular graft harvest and follicular implantation.
- Follicular Graft Harvest: After a local anesthetic is administered to the area from which the follicles will be harvested (at the back of your scalp where follicles are not genetically programmed for balding). Our hair restoration specialist will then extract the follicles using the NeoGraft device. You can relax in comfort during this phase of the procedure. Using controlled air pressure to slide follicles gently from the scalp, which avoids pulling or twisting the hair, follicular units are removed with care, so they remain intact, ready for implantation. This part of the process takes in the range of an hour to several hours, based upon the quantity of grafts needed.
- Follicular Implantation: During the implantation phase, the doctor will administer a local anesthetic to area that is balding or thinning. He will then take harvested grafts, and with the NeoGraft device, implant the healthy follicles in a pattern to create a very natural-looking restoration.
Recovery from the NeoGraft Procedure takes just a few days. After seven to ten days, the new implants and donor sites will be virtually undetectable. Patients very rarely experience pain during the procedure or during the recovery time.
Why Choose Maine Plastic Surgery for NeoGraft Hair Restoration?
Maine Plastic Surgery located in Portland offers artistic cosmetic surgical and non-surgical options to both men and women in a private, soothing, state-of-the-art facility. Dr. Weisberg is double board-certified in otolaryngology and facial plastic surgery and has been an Assistant Professor of Surgery (Plastic) at Yale University. Dr. Daniel is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has been recognized as a “Top Doctor” on realself.com for his contributions.
How Long Will Results From Neograft Hair Restoration Last?
NeoGraft Hair Restoration lasts a lifetime. However, if more hair follicles go dormant and your hair continues to thin or recede in other areas, you may require more grafts later. A full plan of action can be discussed in a private consultation.
Will I Need To Cut My Hair Short Before The NeoGraft Procedure?
It is not necessary to get a buzz cut before your procedure. If your hair is long enough, donor areas can be shaved closely for harvesting and then covered by the hair around it. However, if you have short hair, cutting it into a buzz cut beforehand will help results look natural more quickly.
How Quickly Will I See Results?
After the initial grafting takes place, the new growth will be visible after three to four months. Your results will look very natural and healthy when this new growth begins.
Is NeoGraft Hair Transplant for Both Men and Women?
Yes! This procedure can be done on both men and women. While men are most likely to see hair loss, women occasionally do as well. The most common area of concern being thinning on top of the head. NeoGraft can help.